In June 2017 it's our 10th Birthday and we have lots of celebrations planned to mark this important milestone.
We Are 10!
Over the next weeks and months we'll be adding lots more information but for now, here's a flavour of what's to come:
- Gardening with Lucy: 10 lucky member schools will receive a three hour gardening session with skilled horticulturist, Lucy Nacson-Jones thanks to Environmental Grants.
- Farm Visits: 200 children from our member schools will enjoy a wonderful day of education at a working farm thanks to Santander Discovery Grants.
- 10th Birthday Picnic: A great big birthday picnic for 500 children at Westminster Abbey's magical College Garden. We had lots of friends there to help us enjoy some food education fun, with all the activities celebrating cooking, growing and eating fresh food. Huge thanks to Lottery's Celebrate Fund! Enjoy this lovely article by Borough Market chef Jenny Chandler and this feature in Waitrose Weekend.
- 10 new memberships for schools: Thanks to Belazu, we'll be welcoming 10 new schools to our membership in September 2017
- Team SFM runs a 10k: In September, 10 sporty supporters will run at 10k for SFM. And our race registrations will help another wonderful food education charity, Farms for City Children!